About Laurie Weaver
- Laurie is a fellow traveler, not a doctor, psychologist, dietician or trained expert in eating disorders.
- Laurie has 50 years of experience living with compulsive eating and has a gift for truthful storytelling that offers encouragement.
Current Release Schedule
- Podcast episode: Every other week, usually Mon., or Tues.
- Blog post: once or twice weekly. Varies
- Subscribe to Posts Via Email in the blue widget at the right or end of this page to be informed when new content is released. It is also the easiest way to comment.
Laurie’s Mission Statement
To Live a Life Free from the Fear of Food, Where I enjoy Food and Where I Build Authentic Relationships vs. Using Compulsive Eating behaviors to push people away. Where I express my thoughts and feelings under compulsive eating, rather than heading for the chips!
In all I do with my blog, my podcast, public and private communications around the topic of food issues, I wish to:
- Be brave and truthful in what my experience is and has been with compulsive and binge eating for over 50 years.
- Share any insights I may gain for myself as I work on the issues under my own eating and food issue journey.
- Be a companion to others who also travel this road and accept their companionship.
- Be open-minded and respectful of all companions, their opinions, and their experience while remaining true to myself.
- Generate communities where all brave companions feel free to feel how they feel and to say so in safety and respect.
- Make it clear I am just a fellow traveler. I am not a Dr., psychologist, dietician, or trained expert in eating disorders, nor do I have a program or eating plan to follow.
- I’m here to learn, express, and share. I have no authority, no answers. I do have experience living with compulsive eating, and its effects, compassion, empathy and a gift for storytelling.
Compulsive Overeating Diary | Living with Binge Eating Disorder and Learning Intuitive Eating
Read more about Laurie’s bike accident and how her first podcast, Daily Adventure Tales, came to be.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by, please feel free to add your thoughts or feelings below.
Until next time, Take Care, Because I REALLY Care,